Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Both Lancome and Napoleon Perdis have launched a new line of glosses, created after the different fashion-icon cities of the world. The Lancome glosses are designed by fashion-field newcomer Christopher Kane. Both consist of a whole range different colours; from banana yellow to mauvy pink to coffee nude to maroon. Just shows how diverse fashion culture is.
Paris (duh) - a deep burgundy-red. Yummy, but not for the timid-lipped.
Cairo - a shimmery coffee nude. Mmm.
Sydney - a shiny mauve-pink. Looking good :D
My faves from Lancome (no pics unfortunately):
Tokyo Plum Blossom - a sparkly muave-pink gloss; translucent. Delicious, no?
Copacabana Coffee - a singed coffee nude, sparkly; also translucent. If you like this one, try Grande Cafe Creme Brulee, also in the same range.
Paris Bubbly - a silvery-gold gloss, more like a frosting. Again, translucent. Super glitzy, for those who are up for it.
Peach Mochi - a pale, princessy pink. Very Tokyo.
So there you have it. Around the world in a handful of lip brushes.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
vintage sequin shirt with studded boots
Monday, December 8, 2008
So today was my first attempt at making bath bombs, and success! I was able to reproduce the delicious fizzing effect, generated by dropping one of those oh-so-expensive store-bought bath bombs in water, at home! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my hands on any solid cocoa butter to add to the mixture as a moisturiser (if anyone knows, do tell please :D) but the bomb was, literally, still the bomb ^^.
I made a batch of six mini bath bombs, scented with orange essential oil and cocoa powder to create the smell of Jaffas, one of my favourite lollies. They look like mini cupcakes (hence the post title)! I moulded the mixture into red and green foil patty cases for a yummy Christmas theme, dusted it with cocoa powder and added two more drops of orange oil on top of the cocoa powder. The only bad thing is that when you put it in water, the water turns murky brown - not your ideal bathwater colour.
Anyway, here are some pics for your (hopefully) enjoyment.
My batch of six yummy [bath bombs] cupcakes :)
The top view for one of my fizzcakes.
The side view for the same bomb. Don't you just want to eat it?
Haha. What a random shot.
And now my recipe :D
A giant thanks to LoveMichie (owner of the blog 'Oats and Honey') who supplied me with the basic recipe. She's an awesome girl with a knack for making her own bath and body products, including soap, shampoo, conditioner and bath bombs. Aside from that, her blog also features interesting tidbits from her life that are verrrrry tasty :D
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons citric acid
- 4 tablespoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons grated cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 8-10 drops of orange essential oil
- Witch hazel
- Extra cocoa powder, to dust
- Red and green foil patty cases
1. Sift together citric acid, bicarb soda and cocoa powder. Make sure there are no lumps, otherwise your bath bomb will be lumpy.
2. Add orange essential oil. Mix well.
3. While spraying lightly with witch hazel, stir quickly. Make sure you don't spray too much, otherwise your mixture will start to fizz.
4. When the mixture stick together when pinched, now is the time to pack your moulds. Use a mould that is easy to remove, eg. a hemisphere. Pack the mixture well, making sure that it is packed densely for a stronger, more durable bath bomb.
5. After a few minutes, pop it back out and let air dry on a sheet of wax paper for 3-4 hours.
p.s. helen also made bathbombs, in flavours like pink lemonade and shimmery coconut, and she has promised to post them soon
p.p.s if you wondering how this is related to our fashion blog, its not XD
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
She's a beautiful Australian model & queen of all things DIY. I follow her blog religiously coz she has great style & i love how she's got that natural, beachy look going on. She was recently featured on style.com (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and has appeared on facehunter numerous times. jealous much?
Edit: haha i forgot to put her URL. it is http://zanitazanita.blogspot.com/